Wine Tasting with Eleni
from €40.00 to €60 per person
About the Experience
Is Assyrtiko grown only in Santorini?
Does Kydonitsa smell of quince?
Is Xinomavro like Nebbiolo? Does Retsina taste as in the ’70s?
In the heart of Athens dive into the rich Greek wine tradition tasting wines from all over Greece. Learn the history behind some of the most ancient grape varieties of the world and discover the Greek terroir. I ‘m a wine journalist working for 15 years, traveling all over the world and Wine with Eleni is a very personal project. I taste hundreds of wines every year and I choose the most amazing, interesting, intriguing ones, presenting them to my guests in the Wine bar or the wine tastings. ‘Wine with Eleni’ is the only place you can taste the rare Mount Athos wines, produced by the monks of the monasteries.
- Wine tastings are presented exclusively by the wine journalist Eleni Kefalopoulou
- The tasting is customized to the guest’s preferences
- The wines are paired with Greek cheese, cold cuts, olive paste and other products from small producers around Greece
- The only place where you can taste the unique Mount Athos Wines
- Enjoy the tastings in our quiet park in the heart of Athens with jazz music and atmospheric lightning
- From May to November, after the tasting you can enjoy more Greek wines from our list
What it includes
- Wine tasting of specially selected Greek wines
- Presentation of the wines in English and the history of Greek wine tradition
- Plateau of Greek cheese, cold cuts and other products from exceptional small farmers
- A map of Greece
- Tax included in the price
What it does not include
Wine with Eleni
Blind tasting, Private tasting, A variety, a region or a terroir
|Grape Varieties Tasted||
Various Greek Varieties
|Wine Types Tasted||